The most common pitfalls to avoid when arranging cover for managed portfoliosBook Now
25 Jan 18
13:30 to 16:45
This will be a formal presentation and include case studies specific to managing agents.
The workshop will include:
- FCA Compliance: are you trading legally? The differences between “AR’s”, “IAR’s” and restrictions in your role as Company Secretary to RMC’s. What are the pitfalls?
- Key Policy Exclusions and Unworkable Conditions: how to spot them and how to avoid uninsured losses impacting on service charges.
- Material Facts and Risk Disclosure: The fallout from Grenfell and one year on from the Insurance Act Reforms. Does your fact find process leave you exposed?
- Quotation Process: how to avoid unknowingly reducing cover when seeking premium savings. Not all property owners policies are fit for purpose!
- Individual Policies vs Block Portfolios: expelling the myths and misconceptions. How to compare and decide which basis is best for you and your clients?
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments: “Day One” explained and the need for clarify on VAT and sums insured.
This workshop is presented by Trevor Palmer, Director – Property, PIB Insurance Brokers.
Trevor Palmer is a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute and has over 35 years of experience in the insurance industry. His area of specialism is property portfolio insurance and specifically working with managing agents to place insurance for buildings under their management. Trevor frequently presents at conferences and hosts webinars and workshops for all aspects of property insurance. He has worked with many property professionals including: The Leasehold Advisory Service, and has presented at seminars and events arranged by RICS, ARMA and the IRPM.
*For every three places booked on a Knowledge Bank, you will be able to claim a fourth place for FREE! Please contact email@example.com after your third booking.