Conferences & Events - Terms & Conditions 2021
Terms & Conditions
Submission of the booking form constitutes a legally binding contract (the “Agreement”) between the organisation/individual confirming the booking (“the Customer”) and Premier Property Media Ltd (“the Organiser”) on the following terms and conditions.
1. Payment Policy
a. Prices exclude VAT at the prevailing rate and are subject to change.
b. Bookings can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment or proof of payment and discounted fees will only apply when payment is received within the offer period.
c. All bookings must be confirmed and paid in full within 7 days, unless the booking is being made within 60 days of the event in which case immediate payment in full on booking is required.
d. All bookings are non-refundable, although substitutions may be made.
2. Variation to the Event
a. The Organiser reserves the right to vary or cancel content, timing and/or venue.
b. In the unlikely Event of the event being cancelled or curtailed due for any reason, or it is necessary or advisable to relocate or change the date and/or location and/or content of the event, neither the Organiser, not its employees will be held liable for refunds, damages and/or additional expenses which may be incurred by the Customer, its guests and/or attendees. We therefore recommend appropriate insurance cover, if necessary.
a. We do not offer refunds on event tickets or sponsorship bookings.
b. Except in circumstances of coronavirus (as defined in these Terms and Conditions and associated virus groups at clause 4(b)(iv), all cancellations (including no-shows) forfeit the ticket and/or sponsorship fee as relevant. Please note this policy is strictly adhered to as places booked incur costs to the Organiser.
a. For the purposes of this section all and any references to ‘Coronavirus’ refer to the disease known as coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus known as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and any variants to that virus either existing at the time this agreement is entered into or which are the subject of scientific recognition after the date of execution of this Agreement
b. For the avoidance of doubt the Organiser shall not be liable to refund the cost of booking paid by the Customer if the Customer or any guests of the Customer are unable to attend the event due to any reason connected with coronavirus as defined herein including:
- Being confirmed as having contracted coronavirus as a result of a test or tests performed by the National Health Service or any other means of detecting the presence or effect of coronavirus including lateral flow, PCR or any other recognised form of testing for the presence of SARS – Cov2 or any variants thereto;
- Being confirmed as having contracted Coronavirus whether manifesting any of the recognised symptoms of the virus and/or the disease or having no associated symptoms (‘asymptomatic’)
- Being confined in self-isolation whether as a mandatory requirement of primary or secondary legislation or because of Government guidance contained in publications on the Gov.UK website or any other form of communication including the NHS Test and Trace app.
- Without prejudice to point (iii) herein the Customer shall not be entitled to a refund in the event of non-attendance occasioned by any virus falling outside the epidemiological categorisation of coronavirus as defined herein, including but not limited to, influenza viruses A,B,C and D and any of the group of single-stranded positive-sense RNA, non-enveloped viruses belonging to the family Caliciviridae including noroviruses in genogroups (GI, GII, GIII, GIV, GV, GVI, and GVII.
Event Cancellation or Postponement
c. The following provisions of this section apply in circumstances in which the operation of the Event which is the subject of a booking pursuant to this Agreement is unable to proceed or take place in the manner contemplated by the parties at the time the contract was entered into, either in whole or in part, or which can only take place subject to a limit on the number of attendees and which is causally connected to:
- Compliance by the Organiser and/or the Customer with any primary or secondary legislation, including regulations, issued in connection with the outbreak of Coronavirus or non- Coronavirus viruses as defined herein;
- Compliance by the Organiser and/or the Customer with Governmental requests and/or guidance provided such requests and/or guidance are independent of the affected party and genuinely beyond its control;
- The inability of the Organiser to operate the event due to legal restrictions and/or Government guidance which prevent employees, servant or agents of the Organiser from travelling to or attending the location of the event or which cause staff employees, servants or agents to be ill or required to self -isolate and which are beyond the control of the Organiser
d. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, the Organiser shall not be liable nor in breach of this Agreement nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Agreement if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
e. Further the Organiser shall not be liable to refund the Customer nor be deemed in breach of the Agreement in respect of a particular event in disallowing attendance by the Customer, should the Customer be subject to Governmental requirements for entry to the event, including but not limited to evidence of vaccination as required or the production of any form of certification or medical criteria as required by then Government and with which the Customer fails to comply whether due to the fault of the Customer or otherwise.
f. Nothing herein shall be construed as rendering the Organiser liable to refund the Customer in respect of cancellation due to any event, whether expressly stipulated in these conditions or otherwise, which a reasonable Organiser should have foreseen and made provision for, including but not limited to the making of contingency plans, including contingency plans relating to Covid-19 as defined in this section
g. In the case of events falling within this section and which prevent the operation of the Event to in whole or in part or which have the effect of placing a limit on the number of guests legally permitted to attend the event and/or where Government guidance limits the number of guests which may attend the event, the parties hereby agree the following:
- in the event of cancellation or postponement of the event due to a cause falling within this section the Organiser is not liable to the Customer for and losses associated with and/or consequent upon the cancellation or postponement whether pecuniary or non -pecuniary;
- if the Organiser decides in its absolute discretion to proceed with the Event but with a limited number of guests then attendance priority will be given to award entrants, followed by sponsors and then allocated on a first come, first served basis until the minimum Government occupancy capacity levels are met;
- bookings for Customers who are unable to attend the event because of reduced event capacity or postponement of the Event, will be postponed to the next date when the Event takes place, subject to a twenty (20) per cent surcharge for costs incurred by the Organiser payable in full no later than 90 days prior to the postponed event date.
- In circumstances where a Postponed Event takes place, the Organizer reserves its right to render a contractual performance substantially different from that which was reasonably expected of it including but not limited the venue location, capacity, duration, and content.
5. Force Majeure
a. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions a “Force Majeure Event” means an event beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser included but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of the Organiser or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, an act of God, epidemic, pandemic, act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, death of a Monarch, sanctions, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom, collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, flood, storm, earthquake or other natural disaster or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
b. The Organiser will not be in breach of this Agreement nor liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement nor any loss or damage if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances, or causes beyond its reasonable control.
c. No refund shall be payable by the Organiser to the Customer as a result of any delay or failure to perform the obligations under these Terms and Conditions as a result of a Force Majeure Event on the Event Date.
d. In such circumstances, the time for performance shall be extended to the next date the Event the Organiser decides in its absolute discretion that the Event may reasonably take place.
6. Exclusion of Liability
a. In the event that the Customer becomes ill or infected with any of the virus groups identified in these conditions as a result of an attendance at an Event otherwise than due to the negligence of the Organiser, the liability of the organiser is excluded for any pain and/or suffering consequent upon the illness and/or the infection and for any consequential loss to that customer including but limited to financial loss directly resulting from the illness and/or infection.
b. Nothing herein shall be interpreted as excluding the liability of the Organiser to provide the services the subject of this Agreement with reasonable care and skill.
c. Should the Organiser be forced by events beyond its control and even though such events may be deemed to have been foreseeable by the Organiser, the Organiser reserves its right to either render no performance or to render a contractual performance substantially different from that which was reasonably expected of it subject to the conditions set out in this Agreement and to the provision at Section 2 (2) Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
d. To the extent permitted by law, the Organiser disclaims all liability for any tort, damage, loss or otherwise in any way arising out of the Event.
7. Subscriber Discount
a. News on the Block subscriber discount is available only to current paid subscribers.
b. The Organiser reserves the right not to accept Customer bookings from non-subscribers applying the subscription discount or to make an additional charge for a full price subscription to News on the Block magazine.
c. Right of entry to the event is reserved to the Organiser at its entire discretion and no correspondence shall be entered into.
8. Data Protection
a. The Customer, its guests and Event attendees consent to the Organiser collecting and processing personal information for the purpose of organising the Event, Customer analysis, market research and to provide details of the Organiser’s products and services. From time to time the Organiser may let other companies contact the Customer, its guest or Event attendees with details that may be of a legitimate business interest.
b. At any time, the Customer, its guests or attendees may update and inform the Organiser of their communication and contact preferences or the circumstances by which they would prefer not to be contacted. Please see the Data Protection page on our website (www.newsontheblock.com) or email email@example.com.
c. The Organiser will comply will comply with all applicable requirements of of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which has arisen or may arise out of, or in connection with, this Agreement.