Pennycuick Collins has secured the management of Chadwick Manor, Knolwe from 1stJune 2018.
Chadwick Manor, approximately 1 mile due north of Chadwick End village, was built in 1875 for Gilbert Wilkes (1829-1882) and his family. According to the Birmingham Daily Post, 21 April 1883 the architect was Edward Holmes. Gilbert Wilkes's eldest son John, then aged 20, laid the foundation stone for Chadwick Manor in 1875. The Wilkes family fortune came from brass and copper mills at Bordesley, Birmingham with the family firm, John Wilkes & Sons, being in existence since at least 1824. The company was a joint contractor for copper wiring in three attempts to lay cables across the Atlantic in 1857, 1858 and 1865.
After Gilbert Wilkes' untimely death in December 1882, Chadwick Manor was sold to Richard Ramsden sometime between 1883 and 1886. The house was converted into private flats in the early 1980s, having spent a number of years as a hotel following its sale in 1931.